This policy sets out Toll’s position on health and safety.
At Toll we believe that all injuries are preventable and that no task is so important that it can’t be done safely. This underpins our belief that everyone has the right to go home safely, and together we make it happen.
Fundamental to achieving this vision is holding each worker including management, responsible and accountable for health and safety, providing training to work safely and consultation and engagement. Working safely is a condition of all employment arrangements.
This policy applies to everyone who works at Toll in any capacity, whether full-time, part-time or casual, including temporary employees and contractors, and visitors.
Toll will specifically undertake to:
- Create a culture where safety is felt, seen and believed to be everyone’s responsibility.
- Drive continuous improvement through the setting of measurable health and safety objectives and targets.
- Comply with all statutory requirements and industry standards.
- Ensure employees, contractors, customers and visitors understand their obligations with respect to health and safety.
- Ensure the most junior English speaking Toll supervisor/manager of an employee (or overseeing a contractor) involved in an LTI calls the relevant Divisional President or Chief Officer to provide a brief on the employee(s) and the incident.
- Ensure an operating framework that includes health and safety standards, practices and procedures is developed, implemented, followed and reviewed.
- Provide the required resources, facilities, plant, tools and equipment for people to work safely.
- Be proactive in identifying workplace hazards, reviewing incidents, identifying incident trends and managing workplace health and safety risks in a timely manner.
- Provide the necessary health and safety training, instruction and supervision to all who carry out work in our business.
- Engage, consult and communicate with all stakeholders to build a shared commitment to ongoing health and safety improvement.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring, auditing and review of health and safety performance and management systems.
- Demonstrate effective and felt safety leadership.
- Define and implement a governance structure that defines our health and safety responsibilities and accountabilities.
Breaches of this Policy
All suspected breaches will be investigated and appropriate disciplinary and remedial action taken.
Employees who do not strictly comply with this Policy will face disciplinary action, including counselling, formal warnings and dismissal.
For further information contact your manager, your health and safety representative or your Human Resources representative.