Our aviation services includes aircraft charters for international movement of goods, as well as specialised helicopter services that offer pilot training and manage rescue missions in Australia.
With experience collaborating with various aviation partners, Toll is well supported by experts in the field as well as highly skilled teams who understand the urgency of the task and is committed to bring people or goods safely to the destination.
Rotary Wing Services
Toll Helicopters is an experienced provider of specialised mission-critical helicopter services and training for Government, Defence and the civil sector.
Safety is an obsession at Toll Helicopters. We have an enviable safety record, with no accidents or major incidents throughout our operating history.
We work with our clients to achieve their mission safely, on time and on budget every time. We lead the field in helicopter emergency medical services, search and rescue operations, airborne law enforcement, training and logistics support – often in remote, inhospitable and challenging locations.
The training, maintenance and engineering resources integral within Toll Helicopters are world class. When it comes to training, The Aeromedical Crewing Excellence (ACE) Training Centre is the most advanced helicopter training capability in Australia for aircrew, aeromedical and aviation specialists. It is a Leonardo Authorised Training Centre with the only OEM-approved AW139 Full Flight Simulator in the Oceania region. We excel in our own training programs and pass this expertise to our customers.
Headquartered in Brisbane our integrated team includes pilots, aircrew, helicopter engineers, safety managers, trainers, and inventory and aviation management specialists. Together, they bring extensive civil and military helicopter experience to deliver unmatched capability to our customers.
Our highly-qualified team of pilots, aircrew, engineers and safety managers has wide experience in a diverse range of operations, under challenging conditions, including remote, maritime and mountainous locations, in all weather conditions – day or night.
But there’s one thing that never changes, and that’s our unwavering commitment to safety and quality.
Our helicopter services
Operating under a CASA-approved Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC), Toll Helicopters has extensive industry accreditations to deliver a wide range of helicopter services, such as:
- emergency patient retrieval and medical transfer
- search and rescue
- passenger transfer, including overwater to helidecks
- logistics support
- airborne law enforcement
- covert policing operations
- surveillance and reconnaissance
- extensive air and ground training at the world-class ACE Training Centre Facility
Safety and continuous improvement
We understand the challenges and risks associated with helicopter operations, particularly involving inclement weather, night flying, difficult terrain, overwater flying and landing on unprepared sites, which often characterise patient retrieval and search and rescue missions.
We believe our helicopter business must provide the safest possible operational conditions for our customers and crews, and that we must continue to demonstrate leadership in safety.
For over twenty years, Toll has provided safe and assured fixed and rotary wing services for Government clients, delivering consistent, time critical capabilities including aeromedical retrieval operations.
Our thorough approach to safety and quality reflects our significant responsibilities and accountability to our customers and employees for safe and reliable operations.
Our safety record is built upon a number of key factors including:
- robust safety and quality systems and operating procedures
- ongoing training and skill development
- strict adherence to all safety related policies, such as fatigue management
- thorough review of mission outcomes, and refining practice as needed
- independent peer review and audits of our policies and performance
- expert progressive maintenance of our helicopters according to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) requirements
- ongoing testing of equipment and replacement before end of asset life
- highly selective and exacting recruitment
- monitoring and applying innovation and best practice within the industry
We standardise everything that we do, in order to reduce flight-related risks. This means standardising all equipment, techniques and systems on specific contracts, thereby reducing potential for human error. Through training and monitoring, our crews make expected decisions, consistent with standard operating procedures.
Fleet and crew capability
Our integrated team includes pilots, aircrew, helicopter engineers, safety managers, trainers, and inventory and aviation management specialists. Our team has extensive regional and global civil and military helicopter experience and Toll Helicopters is a proud veterans’ employer of choice. We acknowledge the wealth of experience and high-end training our veteran’s bring to our clients.
This experience is combined with capability to complete complex helicopter operations, such as night operations using night vision goggles (NVG), and winching / “down-the-wire” operations in difficult terrain and poor weather.
We understand our helicopters and crew need to be ready at all times to complete the missions that are critical for our customers’ operations.
Our expert in-house engineering team applies industry-leading maintenance practices to ensure high aircraft availability for our customers, to ensure mission readiness.
For all contracts and aircraft types, we develop a specific System of Maintenance (SOM) to plan all line and scheduled checks and maintenance. We work with our customers to provide the best combination of aircraft numbers, including spare helicopter contingency, to maintain operations during maintenance or Aircraft on Ground (AOG) scenarios.
We store common Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts and service equipment to ensure we are responsive to helicopter engineering requirements. For example, to ensure high helicopter operability across our large AW139 fleet, we maintain the largest AW139 inventory stores in Australia.
Customers and industries we work with
We deliver the mission-critical needs of many senior customers, including:
- NSW Health (NSW Ambulance, ACT Ambulance and Newborn and Paediatric Emergency Transport Service NETS)
- Australian Defence Force
- Australian Federal Police (AFP)
- Australian Government departments
- National and State government fire-fighting agencies
- Private companies
Supporting NSW Health
In January 2017, NSW Health selected Toll to deliver its mission-critical aeromedical services, reflecting our reputation for safe, reliable helicopter services.
Every year in NSW and ACT, more than 3,000 flights are needed for emergencies such as car accidents, inter-hospital transfers, and search and rescue missions.
We’re proud to be entrusted with these highly valued community services – and in order to meet this demand we operate the largest aeromedical fleet of new purpose-built AW139 helicopters in Australia.
The Aeromedical Crewing Excellence (ACE) Training Centre
The Aeromedical Crewing Excellence (ACE) Training Centre offers state of the art facilities and highly realistic mission technology designed for helicopter pilots, aircrew and specialist personnel training.
Located at Bankstown Airport in New South Wales, the purpose-built building is equipped with the latest technology and training facilities, including:
- AW139 Full Flight Level D simulator (the highest fidelity available)
- Virtual reality Complete Aircrew Training System (CATS)
- Helicopter underwater escape training (HUET) theatre
- Land and water winch simulator
- Purpose built training pool
Utilising highly realistic mission simulation technology, our training courses ensure that pilots, aircrew and specialist personnel are equipped with high standards of training and knowledge to be prepared for any mission scenario.
Email: [email protected]
Address: Level 4 22 Cordelia Street Brisbane QLD 4101 Australia
Toll is able to tailor an airport management solution to suit the size and requirements of your airport – regardless of its location.
Ensuring the operation of an airport is safe, compliant and well managed is vital to the success of any airport regardless of its location.
It is imperative that all aspects of an airport are run as efficiently and safely as possible - whether for passengers, airlines or freight organisations. Toll understands the vital link that airport operations provide in transportation and supply chains. Airport operations must not only deliver operational continuity; but also manage community relations, comply with government oversight and regulation and provide the operational flexibility needed by resource sector customers during rapid expansion phases.
We offer a complete range of airport services to provide our customers with the simplicity of a single point of contact and accountability:
- production of compliance assurance manuals
- day-to-day airport management and compliance assurance
- aviation security including passenger and baggage screening
- aircraft, baggage & passenger ground handling
- airport and facility maintenance
- fuel storage facility establishment and operation
- into-plane fuel delivery
- into-plane fuel delivery
- lease & contract management
- asset management
- capital works project management
- works safety officers
Passenger & Baggage Security Screening
Toll is an approved Screening Authority and delivers comprehensive airport security services to a range of customers across Australia.
Our airport screening services can include:
- Provision of trained and qualified security screening personnel to man the passenger screening points and to conduct 100% x-ray screening, physical search of baggage and passengers, checked bag screening using EDS capable X-ray equipment, passenger metal detector, Explosive Trace Detection, and hand baggage x-ray screening.
- Establishing and maintaining sterile areas and security inspecting all passenger contact areas of an airport terminal.
- Management of screening lines to enhance passenger experience and smooth passenger flows, particularly during busy periods, while maintaining compliance with required screening duties.
- Management of the security screening function including maintenance of standards, rostering, internal audit, and engagement with Transport Security Inspectors during routine audits.
- Maintenance of screening standards through detailed programs of continuation training, systems testing, mentoring, formal training and development programs and involvement in local off-site training programs for other security training organisations.
- Delivery of training for new security screening staff and continuance training as required by changing regulations and good practice.
- Supervisory staff in accordance with the requirements of the Transport Security Plan for the operation and for management of customer service standards.
- lease & contract management asset management capital works project management works safety officers
Airport Compliance Services
Toll can provide a complete range of regulatory compliance documentation as part of its airport management services. These include:
- aerodrome manuals
- safety management systems
- emergency response plans
- transport security plans
- environment management plans
- facility management plans
- airport master plan
- capital works plans
- asset management plans including maintenance projections and schedule forecasting
Flight Facilitation Services
Wherever you need to go and whatever you need to move, we’ll deliver a cost-effective, reliable aircraft charter solution.
If you have time-critical freight, or simply need to get your cargo to a location not serviced by commercial airlines, you’ll understand the value of a reliable on-demand aircraft charter service.
Our charter solutions include matching aircraft size and scheduling to suit your needs. We’ll also provide any support services that you require including:
- trained and licensed load and movement control staff
- arranging crewing, including transport and accommodation
- fully customised ground handling services including comprehensive, ramp and cargo handling services
Our aircraft charter services include:
Regardless of the size and type of your cargo, we’ll work with you to provide a cost-effective and reliable freight charter solution that meets your needs.
We provide part and full freight charters to the private, commercial, and government sectors globally. Our team has experience moving project shipments of individual shipments weighing up to 120,000kg.
Our scheduled and ad hoc cargo charter services support a broad range of needs including:
- time-critical delivery of high-value spare parts
- Aircraft on Ground (AOG) delivery of spare parts or materials for out of service aircraft
- movement of perishable products
- movement of hazardous and dangerous goods
- out-of-gauge cargo
- delivery of equipment and supplies to remote locations
- flights to remote locations not serviced by commercial airlines
- military and humanitarian freight movement
- charters at short notice
No project is too large or too small. If it can fit in a plane, we can move it for you.