Toll Specialised Transport is a market leading provider of full load, over-dimensional and heavy haulage transport services to the broader Australian marketplace across a range of industry sectors including mining, earthmoving, oil and gas, engineering, heavy manufacturing, civil construction and infrastructure.
History & Capability
Over 20 years of over-dimensional, heavy haulage, crane services and project management.
Service developed initially in the early 1990’s to cater for mining customers desiring a broader, more integrated service offer across the Bowen Basin coalfields, NW Qld hard rock mining belts and WA iron ore market.
Series of strategic acquisitions in recent years now means Toll has a true national offer with in-house capability, fleet and experience in all Australian states, underpinned by Australia’s largest linehaul and distribution network.
Purpose-built modern fleet with specific expertise in coal and hard rock mining markets (both open cut and underground), heavy OEM’s, oil and gas.
Market has typically valued geographical rather than sector dominance, however, Toll has developed deep specialisations in the following markets:
- Heavy OEM’s – draglines, dump trucks, diggers, loaders, dozers, longwalls, shearers, buckets, etc.
- Oil & Gas – infield (including rig moves), upstream, and downstream activities.
Fleet consists primarily of heavy duty Kenworth prime movers up to 265 tonne GCM rating and specialised Drake heavy haulage equipment:
- Low loaders – 3x4, 4x4, 4x8, 5x8 (plus 2x4 and 2x8 dollies).
- Deck and full wideners, swing wings, vessel carriers, steerable blade trailers and jinkers.
- Large range of steerable Drake platform trailers from 6x8 to 13x8.
- 2 x crawler cranes ranging from 160 tonne up to 230 tonne lifting capacity, servicing major projects in any location required.
- General purpose trailers – flat tops, drop decks and extendables in varying configurations.
Headquartered in Brisbane with operations in Mackay, Brisbane, Port Kembla and Perth.
Contact us for more information regarding our heavy haulage capabilities, or to discuss how we can support your business.
Jason Carnes (National Heavy Haulage Manager) – [email protected]
Mitchell Gregory (Major Projects Manager) – [email protected]