Idemitsu Australia Resources (IAR) has operated in Australia for over 40 years, particularly within the mining, retail fuels, agriculture, and renewable industries.
- The Idemistu Muswellbrook Coal operation is an open-cut operation, involving mining, crushing and haulage from mine to rail.
- Idemitsu identified the need to reduce the overall number of truck movements operating on a section of the heavily congested New England Highway, between the Muswellbrook Coal Mine and the Ravensworth Coal Terminal.
- There was also an issue around low-standard equipment which resulted in coal falling from vehicles into oncoming traffic.
Toll’s understanding of the regulatory environment and our experience in operating an on-road coal haulage operation enabled us to provide an efficient and safe solution for Idemitsu. Toll was able to provide:
- Increased truck payloads with equipment combinations never operated on the New England Highway (Toll acquired approval to run 91t A-Doubles on a Level 3 Access permit);
- Side tipping and rear tipping trailers designed to deliver greater productivity benefits;
- In Vehicle Monitoring Systems including DSS and forward & rear facing cameras;
- GL Mining network with operational locality.
Toll’s understanding of operational and regulatory environments, and our capabilities to implement this fit-for-purpose solution resulted in:
- 43% reduction in truck movements per annum (or 21,500 movements)
- Specialised engineering of tipping trailers ensured no coal sat waiting to fall from the vehicle. Rear end schutes for weight management reduced risk area of hand pinch points.
- Toll’s unique in-vehicle monitoring systems that utilise forward, side and rear facing cameras, ensured that no coal was dislodged from vehicles into oncoming traffic.