Across our global network we offer our customers dedicated wharf services including import and export container wharf cartage, fumigation and quarantine-accredited services.
Toll’s wharf cartage services are designed to capture all wharf requirements above and beyond the moving of containers. They include:
- Import / Export container cartage – whether you have 1 or 10,000 containers
- Side-loader deliveries – containers delivered on ground
- Standard - Conventional live load/unload trailer delivery services
- Drop Trailer services
- Retractable trailers for heavy containers that require placement in the middle
- Container Lift Off’s – where customer has container handling equipment
- Mass Managed Vehicles for loads that are a little heavier than normal e.g. steel products
- Super B-Double Trailers (4 x 20’ or 2 x 40’ containers at a time) servicing the wharf 24 hours
- Project cargo movements such as cranes or machinery - Roll On / Roll off (RO/RO)
- Out of gauge freight - too high or wide – we can move it
- Container Packing and Unpacking facilities
- Break bulk & Local LCL transport (after unpacks)
- Container Storage and Handling
- Australian Quarantine (AQIS) and Customs approved
- Steam Cleaning - particularly when required by AQIS
- Fumigation Facilities (FCL and LCL)
Import / Export container cartage
We collect off the wharf during the night, stage in our secure yards and deliver on the same business day of collection.
In the case of imports it provides the perfect situation for scheduling deliveries and less down time for the receiving warehouse. Less down time = less cost to serve.
Our night collections allow for daytime flexibility for our Import and Export.
Where we operate
We offer our wharf cartage services throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Wharf management systems
Tailored wharf services require systems to fully support a complex and time-sensitive operating environment.
Toll’s software provides strong operational and billing capability to deliver real time information, daily billing and exception handling.
Our wharf cartage software provides technology-enabled wharf services that put you in control through:
- Absolute transparency with every movement date/time stamped and with the ability to view operations online
- Scheduling and tracking of containers in real time
- Checking of actual vessel availability online
- Assign preferred delivery windows via an online matrix – no more phone calls to book and confirm deliveries
- Schedule empty containers for pick-up online
- POD’s available Online
- Ability to connect electronically - B2B / EDI Connectivity