Toll Marine Logistics
Specialists in providing marine logistics solutions across the Asia Pacific region.
Toll Marine Logistics provides a full suite of marine logistics services - everything from fully integrated end-to-end supply chain management, general cargo services and bulk handling and transportation to specialised solutions such as remote area stevedoring, marine engineering and vessel charter .
To support the unique logistics requirements of our customers we have a fleet of more than 80 vessels that are customised and engineered for efficiency and cost effective operations. We also operate six terminals in Australia and two facilities Singapore and Indonesia.
We operate a regular international shipping service between Darwin, Dili and Singapore and also provide domestic coastal shipping services within Australia.
In Asia, Toll Marine Logistics offers point-to-point multimodal logistics services that connect Singapore to the rest of Asia Pacific - including remote locations such as Kalimantan, Papua New Guinea and Cambodia.
Scope of our services in Asia
- Customised solutions for bulk handling and transportation for coal, steel scrap, billets, iron ores and pellets, sand and aggregates.
- Integrated logistics solutions - by leveraging the capabilities and global network of the Toll Group, we’re able to provide seamless supply chain management solutions to our customers.
- Marine Engineering - we draw on our in-house capabilities to conceptualise, design and build customised vessels that meet your specialised requirements. And by leveraging our relationships with vendors and shipyards, we’re able to deliver our marine engineering solutions cost-effectively and efficiently.
- Vessel Charter - we provide chartering services to customers in Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand and Myanmar.
We own and operate a broad range of vessels including:
- conventional tugs and barges that have been specially designed with shallow drafts to allow manoeuvring along rivers with shallow depth
- self-discharging barge with a built-in sophisticated conveyor system, making it ideal for transporting coal to the anchorage for export via bigger mother vessels
- self-propelled barge with the 360 degree retractable propulsion system and a bow thruster
- landing craft designed to provide superior manoeuvrability and flexibility when navigating challenging waters, allowing loading and unloading to take place without a wharf
- a floating terminal designed and engineered to discharge coal directly from barges to shore conveyor system, enhancing operational efficiency via seamless coal handling and transportation processes
- a floating crane designed to reduce handling costs by discharging steel scrap and iron ore from deep-sea anchorages
- a floating workshop and maintenance facility which resolves the problem of tight shipyard space; this vessel is designed with the capability of performing maintenance and minor repairs for the vessel fleet
Our dedicated in-house command and control centres in Singapore and Jakarta monitor daily vessel operations, enabling us to report on voyage tracking and vessel performance (vessel positioning, voyage cycle, fuel consumption).
Headquartered in Darwin, Toll Marine Logistics Australia has been servicing the north of Australia for more than 50 years, specialising in remote area stevedoring, shipping and marine logistics.
We provide coastal shipping services in Queensland, and from our Darwin headquarters we provide shipping services to many of the remotely located communities in the Northern Territory.
With six terminals and nine vessels, we offer our customers integrated supply chain management solutions, intermodal services and strong links with the Asia Pacific international shipping spectrum.
Our services in Australia include:
- Container and cargo equipment supply
- Freight Transport Services
- Cold chain cargo management
- Container and breakbulk stevedoring including remote area and project operations
- Special project support in cargo handling, marine operations and engineering Steel
- Offsite receiving and procurement services for mining customers
- General cargo services and a full range of consolidation depot services incorporating:
- cargo care
- container packing
- customs clearance
- AQIS wash down
- storage & transport
- Project-ready, Australian-compliant vessel charter construction support
Toll Marine Logistics Australia’s accreditations include:
- Safety Management System: ANZ 4801
- Quality Assurance Management System: ISO 9001
- Environmental Management System: ISO 14001:2004
Toll Marine Logistics Australia received a 'Highly Commended' award in the Project Cargo category of the 2012 Australia Shipping & Maritime Industry Awards. This was in recognition of our work on carrying heavy lift mining equipment to remote ports with limited infrastructure, along with our achievement in building two new custom-designed vessels to Australian compliance standards for project construction support works in Gladstone.
Service Terms & Conditions
Who we work with
We provide marine logistics solutions to a broad range of sectors including: