Our experience operating and managing railroad networks across the world enables us to offer our customers comprehensive rail freight solutions.
For the timely, cost effective delivery of freight overland, a strong rail network provides an efficient transport solution.
We have rail offerings that connect our customers to major economic regions worldwide to better support their supply chains.
Our rail logistics services
- Provision of rail containers
- Access to container yards across our rail networks
- Pickup and delivery services
- Extended services during peak periods
Freight types we move by rail
As well as general cargo, we can move a wide range of specialised freight by rail including:
- perishable and temperature-controlled goods
- dangerous goods
- liquids and gas
- bulk commodities
- vehicles and parts
- machinery and equipment
Freight sizes we move by rail
Our diverse fleet and history of rail freight logistics experience enables us to handle freight in a range of sizes, including:
- full container loads (FLC)
- less than full container loads (LCL)
- bulk freight (solids and liquids)
- non-containerised freight
We can move freight of almost any size, configuration and type – contact us if you have different requirements and we’ll work with you to find a solution that meets your needs.
Why choose Toll for your rail freight services?
We work hard to deliver optimal logistics solutions to our customers, strengthening our core service offerings with innovative technology, facilities and systems that help to provide your business with a competitive advantage.
Choosing Toll as your rail freight partner provides you with:
- the benefits of our strong commitment to chain of responsibility
- transport services governed by compliance with driver fatigue management regulations
- our large, diverse fleet – in Australia alone we have more than 10,000 rail containers including 11 different container types
- high cab options, half height options and specialised equipment configurations
We also offer a range of value add services, including:
- cross docking for full and partial loads
- pick and pack services
- multimodal transport services including road, air and sea
Contact us for more information about our rail freight capabilities, or to discuss how we can support your business.
Finding solutions that improve service delivery while reducing en...