With state of the art distribution facilities strategically located around the world, we work with our customers to develop efficient cross docking solutions to streamline supply chain operations.
Whether you need to transfer goods quickly between different transport modes, efficiently separate and sort materials intended for different destinations, or combine goods from different origins into a single shipment for distribution – we offer cross docking services to help streamline your supply chain.
Through cross docking distribution, products destined for a similar (or the same) end point can be consolidated into one shipment and transported as a full load, reducing overall distribution costs and reducing environmental impact.
We offer customised cross docking solutions to suit our customers’ needs; transporting goods into our cross-dock warehouses to check, unload and pick and pack shipments into new loads intended for single or multiple destinations.
Our cross docking distribution services
We provide three main types of cross docking services:
- Hub and spoke
A centralised facility is provided for products to be received and sorted – similar products are combined so that shipments can be delivered to the required destinations quickly and efficiently.
Multiple smaller consignments are received and combined into one larger shipment for economical forwarding.
Large shipments are received and broken down into smaller loads for easier onward delivery.
Types of freight we handle
Cross docking is an effective distribution solution for particular types of freight, including:
- temperature-controlled/perishable goods (food and grocery items)
- automotive and machinery parts
- parcel and document delivery
- back-ordered items
- seasonal or promotional items
- high-volume products with steady demand
- products with short lead times
- pre-packaged, pre-sorted products ready for transportation
While cross docking has the potential to streamline supply chain activities for some businesses, it is better suited to some products and services than others – contact us to discuss your requirements and we’ll work with you to find a solution that meets your needs.
Why choose Toll for your cross docking distribution services?
Managing freight transport for a diverse range of industries has given us the experience to advise and deliver tailored logistics services that best suit our customers’ requirements.
Integrating cross docking into your supply chain has the potential to:
- lower associated labour costs through reduced inventory handling
- reduce, or potentially eliminate, costs associated with inventory storage and warehousing
- reduce the time taken to move goods from point of origin to point of sale
- deliver products to distributors, and consequently customers, faster
- reduce instances of stock damage resulting from additional handling
- better utilise transport loads, saving transport-related costs and reducing environmental impact
Contact usfor more information about our cross docking capabilities, or to discuss how we can support your business.
Toll and Deloitte collaborate to discuss logistics challenges and...